Online is for looking and travel advisors are for booking!
I was a vendor at a wedding venue and one of the food vendors jokingly asked me if she could ask me a question I probably get asked all the time. What do you think it was? She asked, "Are travel agents real and how do I compete with the online services?" Here is what I shared with her and thought it would be helpful for you:
1. We have the connections and knowledge to make sure your trip is right for you and that you get treated well.
2. Booking online may or may not be what you actually purchased. Your view could be a dumpster!
3. Some online services can cancel your booking for any reason without notifying you so you better read the terms and conditions.
4. When booking online you get what you pay for and have to pay in full.
5. If you have something go wrong with your reservations the online service won't help you. You are on your own.
6. I provide personal service you won't get online.
7. If you book in advance you can set up a payment plan with a travel advisor like myself.
8. I help you before, during and after your travel.
9. I will visit with you to get to know you more in order to find a match.
10. How many online services reach out while you are traveling to see how you are doing? I do!
11. I communicate to the hotels/cruise line prior to you traveling with the specifics they need to know.
12. When working with me you have one point of contact instead of a call center.
13. You can email, text or call me with any questions you have.
14. I work directly with our preferred suppliers to get the best package for you.
15. I am here to take the stress away so you can just pack and enjoy your vacation!
16. I am in the travel industry to truly help you experience some great destinations if you are truly serious about traveling.
As a travel advisor near Austin, TX there are so many things we can help you with. I start off with finding out more about you and your family. Your wants and needs for your trip. I will ask many questions in order to get enough information to help me be able to put your trip together for you. Your probably thinking OMG! This is an important process I need to go through especially if anyone has any medical needs, etc. for their trip. The more information you can share with me the better.
Benefits of working with a real travel advisor:
I work hard to find the best package for your travel needs.
I will be available to you before, during and after your travels.
I work directly with our preferred suppliers to ensure a great trip.
Our suppliers have our backs.
I will save you time researching.
I am a live human being available to talk to and bounce ideas off.
You have one preson to talk to and not a call center.
We can meet in person, face time via FB messenger, Whats App, etc.
I respond in a timely manner to your emails and questions.
I have destination and resort knowledge.
I keep you up to date with any major changes in itinerary.
I will guide you every step of the way to make the process as simple as it can be.
Why am I sharing this with you? It breaks my heart when someone loses their money for their trip to a scam. The internet is for looking but agents are for booking! Well, here is another news story about a person losing lots of money going through an online booking service.
I have had a similar situation with booking hotels and I didn't fall for it. If there is one thing you take away from this is please work with a travel professional. I know many think it cost more to work with a travel professional but it doesn't. I work with a "Good Faith Deposit." This lets me know who is serious about their travel. It is applied at the final payment. I know many want to find the cheapest deal you can but keep in mind you get what you pay for. I work hard to find the best package and the price may not be exact but this also has to do with the time of year you are wanting to book your trip.
Let me help you with your next getaway!
I love to travel and explore the world. My goal is to help others actually experience their desired destination(s) whether they are traveling solo or as a group. The world has so much to offer.