Are you leaving vacation days on the table in your job in Austin, TX? In 2019 there was a whopping 768 MILLION vacation days that went to waste, despite Americans taking more trips than the year before according to the research by the US Travel Association. That is a lot! 236 million days were forfeitied which resulted in $65.6 billion lost benefits.
The forfeited days not only wasted opportunies for workers, but also the economy. This means $15.5 billion in travel spendings went unused which would create two million American jobs, according to the study. WOW!
The average amount of PTO increased to six and half days from six days in 2017. You will never get the time back. Your time spent with family and friends is IMPORTANT! It is unfortunate that cost is the main reason many don't travel much. There are affordable experiences within the US whether it be a drive up the coast or a day trip to another city from Austin, TX. Take time for yourself. You deserve it!
We are down to the last 3 months of the year. You still have time to plan a trip and make that vacation count!
Online is for looking and travel advisors are for booking!
I was a vendor at a wedding venue and one of the food vendors jokingly asked me if she could ask me a question I probably get asked all the time. What do you think it was? She asked, "Are travel agents real and how do I compete with the online services?" Here is what I shared with her and thought it would be helpful for you:
1. We have the connections and knowledge to make sure your trip is right for you and that you get treated well.
2. Booking online may or may not be what you actually purchased. Your view could be a dumpster!
3. Some online services can cancel your booking for any reason without notifying you so you better read the terms and conditions.
4. When booking online you get what you pay for and have to pay in full.
5. If you have something go wrong with your reservations the online service won't help you. You are on your own.
6. I provide personal service you won't get online.
7. If you book in advance you can set up a payment plan with a travel advisor like myself.
8. I help you before, during and after your travel.
9. I will visit with you to get to know you more in order to find a match.
10. How many online services reach out while you are traveling to see how you are doing? I do!
11. I communicate to the hotels/cruise line prior to you traveling with the specifics they need to know.
12. When working with me you have one point of contact instead of a call center.
13. You can email, text or call me with any questions you have.
14. I work directly with our preferred suppliers to get the best package for you.
15. I am here to take the stress away so you can just pack and enjoy your vacation!
16. I am in the travel industry to truly help you experience some great destinations if you are truly serious about traveling.
I love to travel and explore the world. My goal is to help others actually experience their desired destination(s) whether they are traveling solo or as a group. The world has so much to offer.