Online is for looking and travel advisors are for booking!
I was a vendor at a wedding venue and one of the food vendors jokingly asked me if she could ask me a question I probably get asked all the time. What do you think it was? She asked, "Are travel agents real and how do I compete with the online services?" Here is what I shared with her and thought it would be helpful for you:
1. We have the connections and knowledge to make sure your trip is right for you and that you get treated well.
2. Booking online may or may not be what you actually purchased. Your view could be a dumpster!
3. Some online services can cancel your booking for any reason without notifying you so you better read the terms and conditions.
4. When booking online you get what you pay for and have to pay in full.
5. If you have something go wrong with your reservations the online service won't help you. You are on your own.
6. I provide personal service you won't get online.
7. If you book in advance you can set up a payment plan with a travel advisor like myself.
8. I help you before, during and after your travel.
9. I will visit with you to get to know you more in order to find a match.
10. How many online services reach out while you are traveling to see how you are doing? I do!
11. I communicate to the hotels/cruise line prior to you traveling with the specifics they need to know.
12. When working with me you have one point of contact instead of a call center.
13. You can email, text or call me with any questions you have.
14. I work directly with our preferred suppliers to get the best package for you.
15. I am here to take the stress away so you can just pack and enjoy your vacation!
16. I am in the travel industry to truly help you experience some great destinations if you are truly serious about traveling.
Share the knowledge
I love to travel and explore the world. My goal is to help others actually experience their desired destination(s) whether they are traveling solo or as a group. The world has so much to offer.