We all dread getting through the airport when traveling. It never fails you get stuck behind someone who acts like they have never been here before. Lucky for you, you know how to deal with getting through the TSA line and pre-boarding without any problems in Austin, TX.
1. Arrive at least 2 hours before-If you allow plenty of time to arrive to the airport to check in bags and get through security you usually don't have to deal with long lines.
2. Global Entry/TSA PreCheck-This is the easiest way to avoid long lines but they do require a membership fee. If interested you need to see which is best for you. Trusted Travel Programs
3. Dress Attire Important-Where shoes you can slip on and off. Where socks so you are not having to walk on the floor with bare feet. Don't wear what you can't afford to lose. Gather your things quickly once you have cleared security so the line will move faster. Everyone needs to work together.
4. Remember the Rules-You need to have your 3 oz liquid items in a quart size bag. Make sure you have emptied your water bottle. Know where your electronics are in your carry on. Have a mental check list of what you need to pull out when you have reached the front of the line. By being prepared you won't delay the screening process. TSA's Security Screening page will provide a list of prohibited items.
5. Check in Online- If you decide not to check in your bags you can go staight to security. This helps you get to the gate quicker and possibly board sooner to grab your seat before everyone else.
6. Always Keep Documents Handy-Before leaving your house, make sure you have your ID, passport, boarding pass and wallet in an easy to reach pocket of your carry-on. This will help make sure you have eveything before you head to the airport.
7. Doctors Notes-If you have metal pieces in your body make sure you have a note from your doctor. This should help eliminate any questions if you set off the security system.
8. Have a disability? Call TSA. Travelers with disabilities or medical conditions and their families can call the TSA Cares helpline toll free at 855-787-2227 at least 72 hours before flying to ask questions about screening policies and get assistance at checkpoints.
9. Be Positive-Focus on where you are traveling to from Austin, TX rather than the long security lines. Be friendly to the agents and keep eye contact with them. Even though it seems like forever getting through the line, you will eventually make it though and this will all be behind you.
Experience the beauty that the French Polynesia islands offer. You can take a short flight to LAX from Austin, TX. Then it is just 2 cocktails and a movie to Tahiti! What a great way to experience islands full of adventure, air blowing in your hair, snorkeling in the clear blue water and more while enjoying the all-inclusive cruise designed for the French Polynesia Society Islands. Let this video show you what you can experience.
Is Machu Picchu on your bucket list? You can experience this amazing destination from Austin,TX this Dec. 1-8, 2019 with us. It is a trip of a life time. Here is a brief video sharing just a taste of what you can experience yourself. Join us on this wonderful trip.
I love to travel and explore the world. My goal is to help others actually experience their desired destination(s) whether they are traveling solo or as a group. The world has so much to offer.