As I get ready to travel from Austin, TX I always start considering what I will need for my adventure a month or so in advance. It gives me some time if I need to purchase anything specific for the trip if I don't already have it. As I think about things we need to pack I always advise to pack several days in advance before you travel instead of the night before. I will follow my own advice in order to not forget anything.
Items one, two and three are important to have in your carry-on to ensure they don't get lost in your luggage.
1. Phone + Sandisk in Phone for additional memory + Charger + Headphones- Most I believe will agree. What would we do without our phones? I always make sure I have a charger that I can plug my phone into so I can keep going with my trip. I use an ACCELLORIZE portable charger. I don't have to plug it into the wall and wait. You can plug up to 2 phones in at a time and not miss a beat. If your phone allows you to add a sandisk you won't have to worry about not being able to get all the pictures and videos you want while you travel.
2. Wallet + Cash-This is important when traveling internationally. It is best to have cash on hand to be able to exchange your currencies and avoid the ATM fees. Another great reason to have cash on hand is for cash only services. Be sure to research beforehand how much you should bring.
3. ID/Passport/Visa-You should know in advance what kind of documents are needed for your trip when leaving Austin, TX. You don't want to wait until the last minute to rush for a passport or apply for a tourism visa. It is important to make sure your passports are valid 6 months past your return date of your trip. These items get forgotten often when traveling and are important to have at all times. Not all states' driver's license are not compliant with TSA's travel requirements.
4. Comfortable shoes-There is always plenty of walking in the airports as the connections can be miles apart. You want to take care of your feet when traveling so you are not miserable and can enjoy touring your destinations. It amazes me that women will wear high heels in the aiports. There is no way I could run in them with my suitcases to make my connection if things are delayed.
5. Water Bottle- Yes, a water bottle. Make sure it is empty going through security and then you can fill it up with the filtered water stations available in the airports such as Austin. It is important to stay hydrated when you travel! I prefer a water bottle that is BPA free and has a loop on the lid so you can hang it on your purse or belt loop so you are hands free. Bringing your own bottle allows you to have water wherever you go.
6. Hand Sanitzer- There are many different scents and sizes. When you travel you are exposed to many germs. You can't always wash your hands with water so it is great to have a back up.
7. Cross-body purse- I always travel with a cross-body purse when I travel. They come in many styles. I keep the most important items in my purse such as my wallet, passport, head phones, phone and charger. I store my purse in my back pack that usually goes under the seat in front of me. This way if I need anything I can easily get to it when I am on the plane.
8. Power Adapter and Night Light- When traveling internationally you'll probably need a power adpater. I recommend the TUMI adapter. Many a times you are in your room and it is hard to find your way around in an unfamiliar place. I recommend taking a small night light. One that will come on when the lights go out and turn off when the lights come on.
9. A Change of Clothes, Deoderant, Toothbrush/paste, compact poncho, and medication- You should pack these in your carry-on in case you miss a connecting flight, if your luggage is delayed or if your flight is cancelled leaving you without your luggage.
10. Printed Travel Documents- You want a printed copy in case there is no internet or Wi-Fi. It is good to keep hotel phone numbers and confirmations available in case of any issues that come up. I provide printed documents but can provide electronic copies as well.
Start planning your next dream vacation today!
Call 512.355.1817 or complete this form and we will be in touch.
Share the knowledge
I love to travel and explore the world. My goal is to help others actually experience their desired destination(s) whether they are traveling solo or as a group. The world has so much to offer.